Features & News
Surgeon Simulator 2013 Competition: Take a photo, win prizes!
July 9, 2013, Author: Neil Hughes
Surgeon Simulator 2013 is a darkly humorous over-the-top operation sim game where players become Nigel Burke, a would-be surgeon taking life into his own shaky hands, performing life-saving surgical manoeuvres on passive patients. The original prototype, developed in just 48 hours at the 2013 Global Game Jam in January, challenged players to complete a heart transplant. The problem was, they were armed only with an arsenal of clumsy and inappropriate tools and a hand that was diabolical to control, using a combination of keyboard and mouse actions.
The full Steam version comes with additional features, operations and environments. From carrying out terrifying transplants in-theatre, to surgical procedures in the back of an ambulance, Surgeon Simulator 2013 now takes operating to the next level.
The game is made by London-based Bossa Studios, led by a team of veterans from the worlds of gaming and entertainment. Bossa are the proud creators of BAFTA-winning Monstermind, and the BAFTA-nominated Merlin: The Game.
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
After chatting to the guys at the PC and indie gaming show Rezzed, they have very kindly offered our readers here at TIMJ a selection of prizes for our very own Surgeon Simulator 2013 competition.
‘What can I win?!’ I hear you scream. Well, we have a nice selection of the following:
- Surgeon Simulator 2013 Steam Code
What you need to do
Send us a picture of yourself as a doctor or surgeon at work. We leave it up to you how you work this out, but it could be a digitally altered image of yourself or you could use props and/or makeup. Go wild.
My son desperately wanted to enter this competition, and despite me telling him he is not allowed to enter, he still knocked up the photo below which is a good benchmark for the kind of thing we are looking for.
The best, as judged by us, will win a bunch of cool Surgeon Simulator 2013 goodies. While it will be a fair competition because the best photo will win, extra kudos will go to those that love to retweet or like our articles via Facebook.
- The picture has to be of you or your friends, not one ripped-off the internet. Ensure to include in the photo you holding up something with the words “Surgeon Simulator” on it.
- You have to follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.
- Send your picture to us via Twitter using the hastag #TIMJSurgeonComp or Facebook or if you’re bashful you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (please provide your full Twitter tag and/or your name on Facebook so we know who you are! Also title it “TIMJSurgeonComp” so we can find it.)
- This is my Joystick’s decision is final.
- You have until Friday 12th July 2013, so, go get creative and good luck!