Features & News
Surgeon Simulator 2013 Competition: Take a photo, win prizes!
July 9, 2013, Author: Neil Hughes
Surgeon Simulator 2013 is a darkly humorous over-the-top operation sim game where players become Nigel Burke, a would-be surgeon taking life into his own shaky hands, performing life-saving surgical manoeuvres on passive patients. The original prototype, developed in just 48 hours at the 2013 Global Game Jam in January, challenged players to complete a heart transplant. The problem was, they were armed only with an arsenal of clumsy and inappropriate tools and a hand that was diabolical to control, using a combination of keyboard and mouse actions.
The full Steam version comes with additional features, operations and environments. From carrying out terrifying transplants in-theatre, to surgical procedures in the back of an ambulance, Surgeon Simulator 2013 now takes operating to the next level.
The game is made by London-based Bossa Studios, led by a team of veterans from the worlds of gaming and entertainment. Bossa are the proud creators of BAFTA-winning Monstermind, and the BAFTA-nominated Merlin: The Game.
After chatting to the guys at the PC and indie gaming show Rezzed, they have very kindly offered our readers here at TIMJ a selection of prizes for our very own Surgeon Simulator 2013 competition.
‘What can I win?!’ I hear you scream. Well, we have a nice selection of the following:
- Surgeon Simulator 2013 Steam Code
What you need to do
Send us a picture of yourself as a doctor or surgeon at work. We leave it up to you how you work this out, but it could be a digitally altered image of yourself or you could use props and/or makeup. Go wild.
My son desperately wanted to enter this competition, and despite me telling him he is not allowed to enter, he still knocked up the photo below which is a good benchmark for the kind of thing we are looking for.
The best, as judged by us, will win a bunch of cool Surgeon Simulator 2013 goodies. While it will be a fair competition because the best photo will win, extra kudos will go to those that love to retweet or like our articles via Facebook.
- The picture has to be of you or your friends, not one ripped-off the internet. Ensure to include in the photo you holding up something with the words “Surgeon Simulator” on it.
- You have to follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.
- Send your picture to us via Twitter using the hastag #TIMJSurgeonComp or Facebook or if you’re bashful you can email it to email@example.com (please provide your full Twitter tag and/or your name on Facebook so we know who you are! Also title it “TIMJSurgeonComp” so we can find it.)
- This is my Joystick’s decision is final.
- You have until Friday 12th July 2013, so, go get creative and good luck!